AUGUST 9, 2021
B.C. is welcoming visitors from Canadian provinces and territories. Respect communities, make a plan before you leave and arrive at your destination prepared. We are following the Province of BC and Federal Govt Health & travel regulations / recommendations. We will update our COVID safety protocols to meet revised expectations. We are currently in Phase 3 of BC’s Restart Plan.
Canada is now allowing entry to fully vaccinated American citizens and permanent residents (currently residing in the US) for leisure travel. If they meet the entry criteria, fully vaccinated travelers do not have to quarantine upon arrival to Canada.
Updated november 17, 2020
The safety of our guests and team members continues to be our highest priority at Selkirk Tangiers Heli Skiing. As a valued guest, we want you to feel safe, comfortable and confident throughout your experience with us. To elevate our existing high standards of hygiene and cleanliness, we have developed the Selkirk Tangiers Pure Clean program, as outlined below. A more detailed version of our 2020.21 Operating Plan can be found here.
- Each of our heli ski packages, with the exception of private bookings, will be operating on a Eurocopter A-Star helicopter. This helicopter carries up to six people including a pilot and guide, ensuring small group sizes and a better experience for our guests.
- Canadian guests who have booked a package for the 2020.21 season with the expectation of being on a Classic Package or Private 407, will be contacted and re-booked on the A-Star at no extra cost.
- Private bookings are available and encouraged. Groups of 4-9 people will be accommodated on a Bell 205 helicopter.
- All guests will be required to complete a pre-trip questionnaire 24 hours prior to participation as well as daily health evaluations in accordance with requirements set out by our provincial health authority throughout their stay.
- All guests will be required to complete an orientation upon arrival familiarizing themselves with cleanliness procedures and protocols to be followed throughout their stay.
- All guests will be designated a “cohort” of up to 5 people, including their guide. Guests will remain with their cohort while skiing and dining throughout their stay.
- Face coverings will be required while in the helicopter, transport vans and all other instances where physical distancing is not an option. Guests will be provided with two face coverings upon arrival.
- New! For more information on cleanliness and protocols of The Coast Hillcrest Hotel, please click here.
- All staff members and third-party contractors will complete a daily health evaluation in accordance with requirements set out by our provincial health authority.
- Face coverings will be required while in the helicopter and transport vans and all other instances where physical distancing is not an option.
- Each guide will be assigned to one “cohort” of guests and will remain in this cohort for the entirety of the guest’s stay.
- All vehicles and helicopters will be thoroughly cleaned each day.
- Commonly used areas and surfaces throughout Selkirk Tangiers Heli Skiing and the Coast Hillcrest Hotel will be frequently cleaned throughout each day.
April 28, 2020
In light of Covid-19, we have made a few adjustments to our 2020.21 booking policies. We hope that the following measures help to ease concerns and can provide some comfort to those looking to book a heli-skiing trip for the 2020.21 winter season.
We have introduced a ‘no questions asked’ refund policy effective until October 1, 2020. Guests will be able to secure a 100% refund, no questions asked until that date. Effective October 2, our standard cancellation policy applies.
Adjustments made to our standard cancellation policy to accommodate Covid-19 related interruptions include:
- If a client cannot travel for their prebooked heliski trip due to travel restrictions related to the COVID-19 pandemic, STHS will provide a full refund for all payments made.
- If a client cannot travel for their prebooked heliski trip due to a COVID-19 illness they or a member of their household has, STHS will provide a full refund for all payments made. STHS may ask for a doctor’s note outlining the illness in this case.
- If a client cancels for any other reason, our normal cancellation policy applies. Please note that STHS encourages all clients to secure their own travel insurance to protect them in case they need to cancel their trip.
April 3, 2020
At Selkirk Tangiers Heli Skiing, safety has always been our number one priority. This has been the case for over forty years and will continue to be the most important aspect of our operation.
On March 16, we made the decision to cease operations for the 2019/20 season. We also closed our office as a precautionary measure to protect the health and well being of our team members. Since then, numerous changes have taken effect across the world. Travel restrictions are in place, our National Parks are closed, and only essential services remain open. Regardless of where you live, you undoubtedly have felt the negative effects of COVID-19.
As an organization, we continue to adapt through this unprecedented time. We have set up remote workstations for our team members and our Reservations team is responding to inquires Monday through Friday. If you are waiting to hear back from us, I assure you we will respond soon, and I thank you for your patience. If you have a new inquiry, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Looking towards next winter, we are revisiting our booking policies to provide flexibility and to ensure that, when the time comes, you can book with confidence. Once we have confirmed our new policies, we will send a follow up email and update our website at Selkirk-Tangiers.com.
As I look out my window, I am reminded of deep days in the Selkirk Mountains. A fresh dusting of snow overnight leaves me feeling optimistic. Snow will continue to fall, and the mountains will continue to deliver remarkable experiences.
Together, we will overcome this difficult time. Thank you for your continued support and understanding.
Selkirk Tangiers Heli Skiing
March 16, 2020
Due to concerns surrounding COVID-19, Selkirk Tangiers Heli Skiing has made the decision to cease all operations for the remainder of the season as of 6pm PST, March 16, 2020. Selkirk Tangiers Heli Skiing offices and retail store will be closed for a fourteen-day period.
For those guests who are affected by the closure, we are providing a 100% credit to be used towards a booking during the 2020.21 operating season. We encourage you to send your questions by email to email@example.com and we will do our best to respond in a timely manner.
We encourage everyone to stay informed and to act in accordance to guidelines from the Government of Canada. For the most up-to-date information, visit their website.
For any additional questions, call the Health Canada information line, available in either French or English: 1-833-784-4397. If you have any concerns about your health, please contact your healthcare provider.